Carabao Cup rule: Clubs still playing in the EFL will be permitted to make five substitutions from the nine they nominate for the remainder of the 2021/22 competition.
This follows a proposal from 14 of the 16 Clubs remaining in this season’s Carabao Cup.
A statement from the association read;
“After consultation between the EFL Board, the Premier League, and the two non-signatory Clubs, an amendment has been made to Competition Rule 10.1.
“The amendment comes into effect ahead of the next round of ties which will take place during the week commencing Monday 25 October 2021,”
Carabao Cup Substitutions
- Clubs will be able to make five substitutes from nine nominated.
- Clubs will have three opportunities during open play to make substitutions (not including half-time).
- Multiple substitutions can be made during one opportunity.
- For the Semi-Final second leg and the Final, an additional opportunity will be afforded during open play in extra time (not including 90 mins and half time in extra-time).
- Unspent substitutions can be a carried over in extra time.
- Provision of concussion substitutes sits outside this process and can be made at any time.