Player of the Match – The UEFA Champions League knockout phase continued this week with a total of four matches played across various grounds in Europe.
Chelsea were the only side to have won this week, beating French club Lille 2-0 at Stamford Bridge.
Their fellow English side, Manchester United, were forced to a 1-1 draw away at Atletico Madrid on Wednesday night.
Similarly, Ajax settled for a 2-2 draw away to Benfica, with Juventus, who played on Tuesday, settling for a 1-1 draw at Villarreal.
Besides the goals and assists, individual awards are given after every match.
The UEFA technical observers at each game decide who deserves to be the Player of the Match, with an official trophy handed to the successful candidate after full time.
Ahead of the return legs, here are all the winners of the man-of-the-match awards.
Player of the Match for Round of 16 first legs
- 15/02: Paris 1-0 Real Madrid – Kylian Mbappé
- 15/02: Sporting CP 0-5 Man. City – Bernardo Silva
- 16/02: Inter 0-2 Liverpool – Virgil van Dijk
- 16/02: Salzburg 1-1 Bayern – Mohamed Camara
- 22/02: Villarreal 1-1 Juventus – Dani Parejo
- 22/02: Chelsea 2-0 LOSC – N’Golo Kanté
- 23/02: Atlético 1-1 Man. United – João Félix
- 23/02: Benfica 2-2 Ajax – Noussair Mazraoui